Who we are Saturday July 21 2018, 20H38Tabula | Recent postings
When, on one occasion, I was sitting with a certain old man at Oxyrhyncus, now this old man used to make great alms and oblations, a widow came to him and demanded a little wheat, and he said to her, 'Go and bring a measure, and I will measure out [some] for you.' And when she had brought it, and he took the measure in his hand he said to her, 'This is too large'; and he put the widow to the blush. And when she had gone, I said to the Abba and priest, were you selling the wheat to the widow?' and he said, No; I gave it to her in charity.' Then I said to him, 'If .'you did give all this wheat to her in charity, why did you aft harshly with her, and measure it, and [so] put her to shame?'
- Carthusian Spirituality
- Thomas Aquinas' Big Pile of Straw
- How to get started
- The Quies SBPCLC 5 steps commitment to the 11 guidelines is founded in sanctifying grace, which is the Life in us of the Most Holy Trinity
- Quies is the fruit of being continually in the Presence, Love and Will of God, living with and in the personal intimate friendship with the person of the Lord Jesus-Christ, a grace we personally and collectively aspire and feel called to fulfill as lay faithful, essentially guided by Saint Bruno's desert fathers spirituality: being with Christ.
Q: "What does one learn in the desert?"
Father Mina: "To have an authentic sincere Love towards Christ"
Q: "What experience of God do we make here?"
Father Mina: "We make the experience of the personal intimate friendship with the person of the Lord Jesus-Christ... The interior real lived sentiment of the intimacy with the Lord: I Am with you."
Q: "Thank you"
Father Mina was the first companion of Father Matta El-Maskine, one of the first 7 hermits of the Saint Macarius Monastery. He lives here in the manner of the first monks of the desert.
La lumière du désert
- Quies SBPCLC is a Lay Contemplative project, based on the spirituality of Saint Bruno, founder of the Carthusian Order .
- Mission and origins of the Quies SBPCLC
- Mission Statement
- What are the eleven guidelines founding the Quies SBPCLC project ?
- For us, what is the meaning of the word Quies ?
- Quies SBPCLC Our Lady of Good Counsel discussion group lay monastic community
- Our Lady of Good Counsel, patroness of the 11 guidelines - feast day: April 26
- Pauperes Christi
- Prayer of the heart
- Interaction and collaboration
- SBPCLC regular small group contacts
- Into Great Silence - film 164 min