Who we are Thursday January 17 2019, 04H49Tabula | Recent postings
Antonius, Mon. 12 lect.
Like a Bishop He took bread, and blessed [it], and brake, and gave to His disciples. He was beaten for your sake, He was crucified for your sake, and He died for your sake, yet for His sake you will not even bear disgrace! He rose as God, and He ascended as God. He worked all things for us, fittingly and in order, that He might redeem us. Let us, then, be watchful, and zealous, and constant in prayer; let us do all things which are pleasing to Him, and which gratify those who love Him, so that we may be redeemed and live. Was not Joseph sold into Egypt, and was he not in a strange land? And the three Holy Children in Babylon, peradventure they acquired knowledge with man and stood in front of them [of themselves]? No, it was because they feared God that He helped them, and made them glorious.
- Carthusian Spirituality
- Thomas Aquinas' Big Pile of Straw
- How to get started
- The Quies SBPCLC 5 steps commitment to the 11 guidelines is founded in sanctifying grace, which is the Life in us of the Most Holy Trinity
- Quies is the fruit of being continually in the Presence, Love and Will of God, living with and in the personal intimate friendship with the person of the Lord Jesus-Christ, a grace we personally and collectively aspire and feel called to fulfill as lay faithful, essentially guided by Saint Bruno's desert fathers spirituality: being with Christ.
Q: "What does one learn in the desert?"
Father Mina: "To have an authentic sincere Love towards Christ"
Q: "What experience of God do we make here?"
Father Mina: "We make the experience of the personal intimate friendship with the person of the Lord Jesus-Christ... The interior real lived sentiment of the intimacy with the Lord: I Am with you."
Q: "Thank you"
Father Mina was the first companion of Father Matta El-Maskine, one of the first 7 hermits of the Saint Macarius Monastery. He lives here in the manner of the first monks of the desert.
La lumière du désert
- Quies SBPCLC is a Lay Contemplative project, based on the spirituality of Saint Bruno, founder of the Carthusian Order .
- Mission and origins of the Quies SBPCLC
- Mission Statement
- What are the eleven guidelines founding the Quies SBPCLC project ?
- For us, what is the meaning of the word Quies ?
- Quies SBPCLC Our Lady of Good Counsel discussion group lay monastic community
- Our Lady of Good Counsel, patroness of the 11 guidelines - feast day: April 26
- Pauperes Christi
- Prayer of the heart
- Interaction and collaboration
- SBPCLC regular small group contacts
- Into Great Silence - film 164 min